Walter | Haverfield attorneys possess a wealth of knowledge regarding some of today's hottest legal and business topics. They are available for interviews and/or articles upon request. Below is a brief overview of some of the topics they can address.
To arrange an interview or request an article, please contact:
Eileen Petridis or Robin Suttell
- Creditors' Rights: What companies need to know when a customer goes bankrupt
- Bankruptcy in a tough economy: Is it the answer for your company? What are your legal rights?
- Does your business need an antitrust review? How to ensure your operations aren't functioning at an anti-competitive level?
- You've been subpoenaed. Now what?
- Student Cell Phone Usage — Cheating, "sexting," general classroom disturbances. What administrators can do to protect themselves from liability surrounding inappropriate student cell phone usage on school property and/or during school hours.
- Liability and student Internet usage
- Education: Students and guns — what liability does a school district have when a student brings a gun to school?
- Multi-employer pension plans: A potential pension crash looms over the horizon
- Corporate wellness programs - Are they a wise investment for employers?
- Maintaining plan documents and summary plan descriptions (SPDs) - U.S. Supreme Court sends message to employers
- The highly dynamic landscape includes notable amendments and new laws (ADAAA, Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, FMLA and more). What do employers need to know?
- Employee handbooks — An important, but often overlooked, tool
- Computer sabotage by disgruntled workers
- Cleaning up contaminated properties: Owner liability and responsibility
- Community Right to Know: How much are you required to reveal about the presence and use of hazardous materials in your manufacturing or processing facility? How much should you reveal?
- Health Information Technology — Privacy and security issues for hospitals, nursing homes and physicians' practices
- Rapid changes in the durable medical equipment industry, including Medicare and insurance funding issues
- Medical reimbursement
- Financial relationship disclosures and Medicare/Medicaid funding
- Inner Ring Suburbs — Regionalism emerges in the struggle for survival
- State vs. local lawmaking powers
- The effect on storm water regulations on Ohio municipalities
- Fiscal emergencies and the legal entanglements they create
- Challenges in urban redevelopment and adaptive re-use
- Creative financing for commercial real estate ventures
Tax Planning & Wealth Management
- Tax planning pitfalls — what to avoid
- Estate planning tips, solutions and strategy